Synonyms of splash
- 1. splash, plash, noise
- usage: the sound like water splashing
- 2. stir, splash, disturbance, disruption, commotion, flutter, hurly burly, to-do, hoo-ha, hoo-hah, kerfuffle
- usage: a prominent or sensational but short-lived news event; "he made a great splash and then disappeared"
- 3. dab, splash, splatter, small indefinite quantity, small indefinite amount
- usage: a small quantity of something moist or liquid; "a dab of paint"; "a splatter of mud"; "just a splash of whiskey"
- 4. splash, spot, speckle, dapple, patch, fleck, maculation
- usage: a patch of bright color; "her red hat gave her outfit a splash of color"
- 5. spatter, spattering, splash, splashing, splattering, painting
- usage: the act of splashing a (liquid) substance on a surface
- 6. splash, splashing, wetting
- usage: the act of scattering water about haphazardly
- 1. sprinkle, splash, splosh, scatter, sprinkle, dot, dust, disperse
- usage: cause (a liquid) to spatter about, especially with force; "She splashed the water around her"
- 2. squelch, squish, splash, splosh, slosh, slop, slog, footslog, plod, trudge, pad, tramp
- usage: walk through mud or mire; "We had to splosh across the wet meadow"
- 3. spatter, splatter, plash, splash, splosh, swash, scatter, sprinkle, dot, dust, disperse
- usage: dash a liquid upon or against; "The mother splashed the baby's face with water"
- 4. splash, overlay, cover
- usage: mark or overlay with patches of contrasting color or texture; cause to appear splashed or spattered; "The mountain was splashed with snow"
- 5. splash, splosh, slosh, slush, sound, go
- usage: make a splashing sound; "water was splashing on the floor"
- 6. splash, dirty, soil, begrime, grime, colly, bemire
- usage: soil or stain with a splashed liquid
- 7. splash
- usage: strike and dash about in a liquid; "The boys splashed around in the pool"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of splash (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.