- 1. spit, tongue, cape, ness
- usage: a narrow strip of land that juts out into the sea
- 2. saliva, spit, spittle, secretion
- usage: a clear liquid secreted into the mouth by the salivary glands and mucous glands of the mouth; moistens the mouth and starts the digestion of starches
- 3. spit, skewer
- usage: a skewer for holding meat over a fire
- 4. spit, spitting, expectoration, expulsion, projection, ejection, forcing out
- usage: the act of spitting (forcefully expelling saliva)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. spit, ptyalize, ptyalise, spew, spue, expectorate, cough up, cough out, spit up, spit out
- usage: expel or eject (saliva or phlegm or sputum) from the mouth; "The father of the victim spat at the alleged murderer"
- 2. spit, spit out, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: utter with anger or contempt
- 3. sprinkle, spit, spatter, patter, pitter-patter, rain, rain down
- usage: rain gently; "It has only sprinkled, but the roads are slick"
- 4. skewer, spit, pin
- usage: drive a skewer through; "skewer the meat for the BBQ"
All rights reserved.
See also: spit (Dictionary)