WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. spiritualize, spiritualise, interpret, construe, see
- usage: give a spiritual meaning to; read in a spiritual sense
- 2. transfigure, glorify, spiritualize, change, alter, modify
- usage: elevate or idealize, in allusion to Christ's transfiguration
- 3. spiritualize, spiritualise, purify, purge, sanctify
- usage: purify from the corrupting influences of the world; "During his stay at the ashram he was spiritualized"
All rights reserved.
See also: spiritualize (Dictionary)