Synonyms of spiritual
- 1. spiritual, Negro spiritual, religious song
- usage: a kind of religious song originated by Blacks in the southern United States
- 1. religious, spiritual, sacred (vs. profane)
- usage: concerned with sacred matters or religion or the church; "religious texts"; "a member of a religious order"; "lords temporal and spiritual"; "spiritual leaders"; "spiritual songs"
- 2. spiritual, unearthly, unworldly (vs. worldly)
- usage: concerned with or affecting the spirit or soul; "a spiritual approach to life"; "spiritual fulfillment"; "spiritual values"; "unearthly love"
- 3. spiritual, incorporeal (vs. corporeal), immaterial
- usage: lacking material body or form or substance; "spiritual beings"; "the vital transcendental soul belonging to the spiritual realm"-Lewis Mumford
- 4. apparitional, ghostlike, ghostly, phantasmal, spectral, spiritual, supernatural (vs. natural)
- usage: resembling or characteristic of a phantom; "a ghostly face at the window"; "a phantasmal presence in the room"; "spectral emanations"; "spiritual tappings at a seance"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of spiritual (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.