- 1. spill, liquid
- usage: liquid that is spilled; "clean up the spills"
- 2. spillway, spill, wasteweir, conduit
- usage: a channel that carries excess water over or around a dam or other obstruction
- 3. spill, spillage, release, flow, stream
- usage: the act of allowing a fluid to escape
- 4. spill, tumble, fall, slip, trip
- usage: a sudden drop from an upright position; "he had a nasty spill on the ice"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. spill, slop, splatter, move, displace
- usage: cause or allow (a liquid substance) to run or flow from a container; "spill the milk"; "splatter water"
- 2. spill, run out, run, flow, feed, course
- usage: flow, run or fall out and become lost; "The milk spilled across the floor"; "The wine spilled onto the table"
- 3. spill, shed, disgorge, move, displace
- usage: cause or allow (a solid substance) to flow or run out or over; "spill the beans all over the table"
- 4. spill, shed, pour forth, pour
- usage: pour out in drops or small quantities or as if in drops or small quantities; "shed tears"; "spill blood"; "God shed His grace on Thee"
- 5. spill, talk, tell
- usage: reveal information; "If you don't oblige me, I'll talk!"; "The former employee spilled all the details"
- 6. spill, reduce, cut down, cut back, trim, trim down, trim back, cut, bring down
- usage: reduce the pressure of wind on (a sail)
All rights reserved.
See also: spill (Dictionary)