Synonyms of spiked
- 1. spike, banish, relegate, bar
- usage: stand in the way of
- 2. transfix, impale, empale, spike, pierce, thrust
- usage: pierce with a sharp stake or point; "impale a shrimp on a skewer"
- 3. spike, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: secure with spikes
- 4. spike, spike out, develop
- usage: bring forth a spike or spikes; "my hyacinths and orchids are spiking now"
- 5. spike, lace, fortify, change, alter, modify
- usage: add alcohol to (beverages); "the punch is spiked!"
- 6. spike, increase
- usage: manifest a sharp increase; "the voltage spiked"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. spiked, pointed (vs. pointless)
- usage: having a long sharp point
All rights reserved.