WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. spider, arachnid, arachnoid
- usage: predatory arachnid with eight legs, two poison fangs, two feelers, and usually two silk-spinning organs at the back end of the body; they spin silk to make cocoons for eggs or traps for prey
- 2. spider, wanderer, program, programme, computer program, computer programme
- usage: a computer program that prowls the internet looking for publicly accessible resources that can be added to a database; the database can then be searched with a search engine
- 3. spider, frying pan, frypan, skillet
- usage: a skillet made of cast iron
All rights reserved.
See also: spider (Dictionary)