WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. spit, ptyalize, ptyalise, spew, spue, expectorate, cough up, cough out, spit up, spit out
- usage: expel or eject (saliva or phlegm or sputum) from the mouth; "The father of the victim spat at the alleged murderer"
- 2. spew, spew out, eruct, exhaust, discharge, expel, eject, release
- usage: eject or send out in large quantities, also metaphorical; "the volcano spews out molten rocks every day"; "The editors of the paper spew out hostile articles about the Presidential candidate"
- 3. vomit, vomit up, purge, cast, sick, cat, be sick, disgorge, regorge, retch, puke, barf, spew, spue, chuck, upchuck, honk, regurgitate, throw up, excrete, egest, eliminate, pass
- usage: eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth; "After drinking too much, the students vomited"; "He purged continuously"; "The patient regurgitated the food we gave him last night"
All rights reserved.
See also: spew (Dictionary)