- 1. spend, pass
- usage: pass time in a specific way; "how are you spending your summer vacation?"
- 2. spend, expend, drop, pay
- usage: pay out; "spend money"
- 3. spend, consume, eat up, use up, eat, deplete, exhaust, run through, wipe out
- usage: spend completely; "I spend my pocket money in two days"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. exhausted (vs. unexhausted), spent
- usage: depleted of energy, force, or strength; "impossible to grow tobacco on the exhausted soil"; "the exhausted food sources"; "exhausted oil wells"
- 2. exhausted, dog-tired, fagged, fatigued, played out, spent, washed-out, worn-out(prenominal), worn out(predicate), tired (vs. rested)
- usage: drained of energy or effectiveness; extremely tired; completely exhausted; "the day's shopping left her exhausted"; "he went to bed dog-tired"; "was fagged and sweaty"; "the trembling of his played out limbs"; "felt completely washed-out"; "only worn-out horses and cattle"; "you look worn out"
All rights reserved.
See also: spent (Dictionary)