- 1. spelt, Triticum spelta, Triticum aestivum spelta, wheat
- usage: hardy wheat grown mostly in Europe for livestock feed
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. spell, spell out, recite
- usage: orally recite the letters of or give the spelling of; "How do you spell this word?" "We had to spell out our names for the police officer"
- 2. spell, import, mean, intend
- usage: indicate or signify; "I'm afraid this spells trouble!"
- 3. spell, write
- usage: write or name the letters that comprise the conventionally accepted form of (a word or part of a word); "He spelled the word wrong in this letter"
- 4. spell, take over, relieve
- usage: relieve (someone) from work by taking a turn; "She spelled her husband at the wheel"
- 5. spell, hex, bewitch, glamour, witch, enchant, jinx
- usage: place under a spell
- 6. spell, alternate, take turns
- usage: take turns working; "the workers spell every four hours"
All rights reserved.
See also: spelt (Dictionary)