WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fascinate, transfix, grip, spellbind, interest
- usage: to render motionless, as with a fixed stare or by arousing terror or awe; "The snake charmer fascinates the cobra"
- 2. magnetize, mesmerize, mesmerise, magnetise, bewitch, spellbind, charm, influence, tempt
- usage: attract strongly, as if with a magnet; "She magnetized the audience with her tricks"
- 3. entrance, spellbind, hypnotize, hypnotise, mesmerize, mesmerise
- usage: put into a trance
All rights reserved.
See also: spellbind (Dictionary)