Synonyms of speed
- 1. speed, velocity, rate
- usage: distance travelled per unit time
- 2. speed, swiftness, fastness, pace, rate
- usage: a rate (usually rapid) at which something happens; "the project advanced with gratifying speed"
- 3. speed, speeding, hurrying, motion, movement, move
- usage: changing location rapidly
- 4. focal ratio, f number, stop number, speed, ratio
- usage: the ratio of the focal length to the diameter of a (camera) lens system
- 5. amphetamine, pep pill, upper, speed, stimulant, stimulant drug, excitant, drug of abuse, street drug
- usage: a central nervous system stimulant that increases energy and decreases appetite; used to treat narcolepsy and some forms of depression
- 1. rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie, speed, race, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move fast; "He rushed down the hall to receive his guests"; "The cars raced down the street"
- 2. accelerate, speed up, speed, quicken, intensify, deepen
- usage: move faster; "The car accelerated"
- 3. travel rapidly, speed, hurry, zip, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move very fast; "The runner zipped past us at breakneck speed"
- 4. speed, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: travel at an excessive or illegal velocity; "I got a ticket for speeding"
- 5. accelerate, speed, speed up, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to move faster; "He accelerated the car"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of speed (Dictionary)