WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. spectacle, sight
- usage: something or someone seen (especially a notable or unusual sight); "the tragic spectacle of cripples trying to escape"
- 2. spectacle, display, presentation
- usage: an elaborate and remarkable display on a lavish scale
- 3. spectacle, blunder, blooper, bloomer, bungle, pratfall, foul-up, fuckup, flub, botch, boner, boo-boo
- usage: a blunder that makes you look ridiculous; used in the phrase `make a spectacle of' yourself
All rights reserved.
See also: spectacle (Dictionary)