WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. specialize, specialise, narrow, narrow down, change, alter, vary
- usage: become more focus on an area of activity or field of study; "She specializes in Near Eastern history"
- 2. specify, particularize, particularise, specialize, specialise, elaborate, lucubrate, expatiate, exposit, enlarge, flesh out, expand, expound, dilate
- usage: be specific about; "Could you please specify your criticism of my paper?"
- 3. specialize, specialise, modify
- usage: suit to a special purpose; "specialize one's research"; "this kind of beak has become specialized in certain Galapagos finches"
- 4. specialize, specialise, work
- usage: devote oneself to a special area of work; "She specializes in honey bees"; "This baker specializes in French bread"
- 5. speciate, differentiate, specialize, specialise, evolve
- usage: evolve so as to lead to a new species or develop in a way most suited to the environment
All rights reserved.
See also: specialize (Dictionary)