Synonyms of special
- 1. special, offer, offering
- usage: a special offering (usually temporary and at a reduced price) that is featured in advertising; "they are having a special on pork chops"
- 2. special, dish
- usage: a dish or meal given prominence in e.g. a restaurant
- 3. special, television program, TV program, television show, TV show
- usage: a television production that features a particular person or work or topic; "the last of a series of BBC specials on Iran is being shown tonight"
- 1. particular(prenominal), peculiar(prenominal), special(prenominal), specific (vs. general) (vs. nonspecific)
- usage: unique or specific to a person or thing or category; "the particular demands of the job"; "has a particular preference for Chinese art"; "a peculiar bond of sympathy between them"; "an expression peculiar to Canadians"; "rights peculiar to the rich"; "the special features of a computer"; "my own special chair"
- 2. special, extraordinary (vs. ordinary)
- usage: for a special service or occasion; "a special correspondent"; "a special adviser to the committee"; "had to get special permission for the event"
- 3. especial(prenominal), exceptional, particular(prenominal), special, uncommon (vs. common)
- usage: surpassing what is common or usual or expected; "he paid especial attention to her"; "exceptional kindness"; "a matter of particular and unusual importance"; "a special occasion"; "a special reason to confide in her"; "what's so special about the year 2000?"
- 4. special, specialized (vs. unspecialized), specialised
- usage: adapted to or reserved for a particular purpose; "a special kind of paint"; "a special medication for arthritis"
- 5. limited, special, specific (vs. general) (vs. nonspecific)
- usage: having a specific function or scope; "a special (or specific) role in the mission"
- 6. particular, special, primary (vs. secondary)
- usage: first and most important; "his special interest is music"; "she gets special (or particular) satisfaction from her volunteer work"
- 7. extra, special, unscheduled (vs. scheduled)
- usage: added to a regular schedule; "a special holiday flight"; "put on special buses for the big game"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of special (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.