Synonyms of speak
- 1. talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: express in speech; "She talks a lot of nonsense"; "This depressed patient does not verbalize"
- 2. talk, speak, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: exchange thoughts; talk with; "We often talk business"; "Actions talk louder than words"
- 3. speak, talk, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: use language; "the baby talks already"; "the prisoner won't speak"; "they speak a strange dialect"
- 4. address, speak
- usage: give a speech to; "The chairman addressed the board of trustees"
- 5. speak, sound
- usage: make a characteristic or natural sound; "The drums spoke"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of speak (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.