- 1. spatter, spattering, splatter, splattering, sputter, splutter, sputtering, noise
- usage: the noise of something spattering or sputtering explosively; "he heard a spatter of gunfire"
- 2. spatter, spattering, splash, splashing, splattering, painting
- usage: the act of splashing a (liquid) substance on a surface
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. spatter, splatter, plash, splash, splosh, swash, scatter, sprinkle, dot, dust, disperse
- usage: dash a liquid upon or against; "The mother splashed the baby's face with water"
- 2. sprinkle, spit, spatter, patter, pitter-patter, rain, rain down
- usage: rain gently; "It has only sprinkled, but the roads are slick"
- 3. spatter, bespatter, spot, fleck, blob, blot
- usage: spot, splash, or soil; "The baby spattered the bib with food"
All rights reserved.
See also: spatter (Dictionary)