- 1. spade, playing card
- usage: a playing card in the major suit that has one or more black figures on it; "she led a low spade"; "spades were trumps"
- 2. spade, hand shovel
- usage: a sturdy hand shovel that can be pushed into the earth with the foot
- 3. nigger, nigga, spade, coon, jigaboo, nigra, Black, Black person, blackamoor, Negro, Negroid
- usage: (ethnic slur) extremely offensive name for a Black person; "only a Black can call another Black a nigga"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. spade, dig, delve, cut into, turn over
- usage: dig (up) with a spade; "I spade compost into the flower beds"
All rights reserved.
See also: spade (Dictionary)