WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. soy, soybean, soya bean, bean
- usage: a source of oil; used for forage and soil improvement and as food
- 2. soy, soya, soybean, soya bean, soybean plant, soja, soja bean, Glycine max, legume, leguminous plant
- usage: erect bushy hairy annual herb having trifoliate leaves and purple to pink flowers; extensively cultivated for food and forage and soil improvement but especially for its nutritious oil-rich seeds; native to Asia
- 3. soy, soybean, soya, soya bean, bean, edible bean
- usage: the most highly proteinaceous vegetable known; the fruit of the soybean plant is used in a variety of foods and as fodder (especially as a replacement for animal protein)
All rights reserved.
See also: soybean (Dictionary)