- 1. south wind, souther, southerly, wind, air current, current of air
- usage: a wind from the south
- 1. southerly, southern, south (vs. north)
- usage: situated in or oriented toward the south; "a southern exposure"; "took a southerly course"
- 2. southerly, southern, south (vs. north)
- usage: from the south; used especially of wind; "a hot southerly wind"; "southern breezes"; "the winds are southerly"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. southerly, southward, southwards
- usage: toward the south; "the ship turned southerly"
- 2. southerly
- usage: from the south; "a wind blew southerly"
All rights reserved.
See also: southerly (Dictionary)