- 1. southeast, sou'-east, southeastward, SE, compass point, point
- usage: the compass point midway between south and east; at 135 degrees
- 2. Southeast, southeastern United States
- usage: the southeastern region of the United States
- 3. southeast, direction
- usage: the direction corresponding to the southeastward compass point
- 4. southeast, location
- usage: a location in the southeastern part of a country, region, or city
- 1. southeasterly, southeast, south (vs. north)
- usage: coming from the southeast; "southeasterly breezes"
- 2. southeast, southeastern, southeasterly, south (vs. north)
- usage: situated in or oriented toward the southeast
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. southeast, south-east, sou'-east
- usage: to, toward, or in the southeast
All rights reserved.
See also: southeast (Dictionary)