- 1. South
- usage: the region of the United States lying to the south of the Mason-Dixon line
- 2. Confederacy, Confederate States, Confederate States of America, South, Dixie, Dixieland
- usage: the southern states that seceded from the United States in 1861
- 3. south, due south, southward, S, cardinal compass point
- usage: the cardinal compass point that is at 180 degrees
- 4. south, location
- usage: a location in the southern part of a country, region, or city
- 5. south, direction
- usage: the direction corresponding to the southward cardinal compass point
- 1. south (vs. north), southbound, southward, south-central, southerly, southern, southerly, southern, southernmost, southmost, southeast, southeastern, southeasterly, southeasterly, southeast, southeastward, southwest, southwestern, southwesterly, southwesterly, southwest, southwestward
- usage: situated in or facing or moving toward or coming from the south; "the south entrance"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. south, to the south, in the south
- usage: in a southern direction; "we moved south"
All rights reserved.
See also: south (Dictionary)