- 1. seek, desire, want
- usage: try to get or reach; "seek a position"; "seek an education"; "seek happiness"
- 2. search, seek, look for
- usage: try to locate or discover, or try to establish the existence of; "The police are searching for clues"; "They are searching for the missing man in the entire county"
- 3. try, seek, attempt, essay, assay, act, move
- usage: make an effort or attempt; "He tried to shake off his fears"; "The infant had essayed a few wobbly steps"; "The police attempted to stop the thief"; "He sought to improve himself"; "She always seeks to do good in the world"
- 4. seek, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: go to or towards; "a liquid seeks its own level"
- 5. seek, request
- usage: inquire for; "seek directions from a local"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sought
- usage: that is looked for; "the long sought relatives"
- 2. sought, sought-after(prenominal), wanted (vs. unwanted)
- usage: being searched for; "the most sought-after item was the silver candelabrum"
All rights reserved.
See also: sought (Dictionary)