- 1. sort, sorting, operation
- usage: an operation that segregates items into groups according to a specified criterion; "the bottleneck in mail delivery is the process of sorting"
- 2. classification, categorization, categorisation, sorting, basic cognitive process
- usage: the basic cognitive process of arranging into classes or categories
- 3. sorting, grouping
- usage: grouping by class or kind or size
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. screen, screen out, sieve, sort, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: examine in order to test suitability; "screen these samples"; "screen the job applicants"
- 2. classify, class, sort, assort, sort out, separate, categorize, categorise
- usage: arrange or order by classes or categories; "How would you classify these pottery shards--are they prehistoric?"
All rights reserved.
See also: sorting (Dictionary)