- 1. sore, infection
- usage: an open skin infection
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sensitive, sore, raw, tender, painful (vs. painless)
- usage: hurting; "the tender spot on his jaw"
- 2. afflictive, painful, sore, unpleasant (vs. pleasant)
- usage: causing misery or pain or distress; "it was a sore trial to him"; "the painful process of growing up"
- 3. huffy, mad, sore, angry (vs. unangry)
- usage: roused to anger; "stayed huffy a good while"- Mark Twain; "she gets mad when you wake her up so early"; "mad at his friend"; "sore over a remark"
All rights reserved.
See also: sore (Dictionary)