WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. edification, sophistication, enlightenment
- usage: uplifting enlightenment
- 2. sophism, sophistry, sophistication, fallacy, false belief
- usage: a deliberately invalid argument displaying ingenuity in reasoning in the hope of deceiving someone
- 3. sophistication, expertness, expertise
- usage: being expert or having knowledge of some technical subject; "understanding affine transformations requires considerable mathematical sophistication"
- 4. sophistication, worldliness, mundaneness, mundanity, quality
- usage: the quality or character of being intellectually sophisticated and worldly through cultivation or experience or disillusionment
- 5. sophistication, falsification, falsehood
- usage: falsification by the use of sophistry; misleading by means of specious fallacies; "he practiced the art of sophistication upon reason"
All rights reserved.
See also: sophistication (Dictionary)