- 1. sop, sops, morsel, bit, bite
- usage: piece of solid food for dipping in a liquid
- 2. sop, concession
- usage: a concession given to mollify or placate; "the offer was a sop to my feelings"
- 3. standing operating procedure, standard operating procedure, SOP, standard procedure, operating procedure
- usage: a prescribed procedure to be followed routinely; "rote memorization has been the educator's standard operating procedure for centuries"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sop, bribe, corrupt, buy, grease one's palms
- usage: give a conciliatory gift or bribe to
- 2. sop, soak through, ooze through
- usage: be or become thoroughly soaked or saturated with a liquid
- 3. sop, dunk, dip, souse, plunge, douse
- usage: dip into liquid; "sop bread into the sauce"
- 4. drench, douse, dowse, soak, sop, souse, wet
- usage: cover with liquid; pour liquid onto; "souse water on his hot face"
All rights reserved.
See also: sop (Dictionary)