WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. solve, work out, figure out, puzzle out, lick, work, understand
- usage: find the solution to (a problem or question) or understand the meaning of; "did you solve the problem?"; "Work out your problems with the boss"; "this unpleasant situation isn't going to work itself out"; "did you get it?"; "Did you get my meaning?"; "He could not work the math problem"
- 2. resolve, solve, calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure
- usage: find the solution; "solve an equation"; "solve for x"
- 3. clear, solve, settle, square off, square up, determine
- usage: settle, as of a debt; "clear a debt"; "solve an old debt"
All rights reserved.
See also: solve (Dictionary)