- 1. sole, bottom, underside, undersurface
- usage: the underside of footwear or a golf club
- 2. sole, fillet of sole, flatfish
- usage: lean flesh of any of several flatfish
- 3. sole, area, region
- usage: the underside of the foot
- 4. sole, flatfish, food fish
- usage: right-eyed flatfish; many are valued as food; most common in warm seas especially European
- 1. sole, resole, repair, mend, fix, bushel, doctor, furbish up, restore, touch on
- usage: put a new sole on; "sole the shoes"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. exclusive, sole(prenominal), unshared (vs. shared)
- usage: not divided or shared with others; "they have exclusive use of the machine"; "sole rights of publication"
- 2. lone(prenominal), lonesome(prenominal), only(prenominal), sole(prenominal), solitary(prenominal), single (vs. multiple)
- usage: being the only one; single and isolated from others; "the lone doctor in the entire county"; "a lonesome pine"; "an only child"; "the sole heir"; "the sole example"; "a solitary instance of cowardice"; "a solitary speck in the sky"
All rights reserved.
See also: sole (Dictionary)