- 1. consolation, solace, solacement, comfort
- usage: the comfort you feel when consoled in times of disappointment; "second place was no consolation to him"
- 2. solace, solacement, comfort, comfortableness
- usage: comfort in disappointment or misery
- 3. consolation, comfort, solace, relief, succor, succour, ministration
- usage: the act of consoling; giving relief in affliction; "his presence was a consolation to her"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. comfort, soothe, console, solace
- usage: give moral or emotional strength to
All rights reserved.
See also: solace (Dictionary)