WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. society, social group
- usage: an extended social group having a distinctive cultural and economic organization
- 2. club, social club, society, guild, gild, lodge, order, association
- usage: a formal association of people with similar interests; "he joined a golf club"; "they formed a small lunch society"; "men from the fraternal order will staff the soup kitchen today"
- 3. company, companionship, fellowship, society, friendship, friendly relationship
- usage: the state of being with someone; "he missed their company"; "he enjoyed the society of his friends"
- 4. society, high society, beau monde, smart set, bon ton, elite, elite group
- usage: the fashionable elite
All rights reserved.
See also: society (Dictionary)