WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. socialize, socialise, interact
- usage: take part in social activities; interact with others; "He never socializes with his colleagues"; "The old man hates to socialize"
- 2. socialize, socialise, educate
- usage: train for a social environment; "The children must be properly socialized"
- 3. socialize, socialise, fix, prepare, set up, ready, gear up, set
- usage: prepare for social life; "Children have to be socialized in school"
- 4. socialize, socialise, change, alter, modify
- usage: make conform to socialist ideas and philosophies; "Health care should be socialized!"
All rights reserved.
See also: socialize (Dictionary)