- 1. sociable, social, mixer, party
- usage: a party of people assembled to promote sociability and communal activity
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sociable (vs. unsociable), clubbable, clubable, clubbish, clubby, companionable, convivial, good-time, extroverted, forthcoming, outgoing, social, extroversive#1, extraversive, friendly, social
- usage: inclined to or conducive to companionship with others; "a sociable occasion"; "enjoyed a sociable chat"; "a sociable conversation"; "Americans are sociable and gregarious"
- 2. sociable, congenial (vs. uncongenial)
- usage: friendly and pleasant; "a sociable gathering"
All rights reserved.
See also: sociable (Dictionary)