Synonyms of soaking
- 1. soak, soakage, soaking, natural process, natural action, action, activity
- usage: the process of becoming softened and saturated as a consequence of being immersed in water (or other liquid); "a good soak put life back in the wagon"
- 2. drenching, soaking, souse, sousing, wetting
- usage: the act of making something completely wet; "he gave it a good drenching"
- 3. soak, soaking, wash, washing, lavation
- usage: washing something by allowing it to soak
- 1. soak, immerse, plunge
- usage: submerge in a liquid; "I soaked in the hot tub for an hour"
- 2. overcharge, soak, surcharge, gazump, fleece, plume, pluck, rob, hook, cheat, rip off, chisel
- usage: rip off; ask an unreasonable price
- 3. drench, douse, dowse, soak, sop, souse, wet
- usage: cover with liquid; pour liquid onto; "souse water on his hot face"
- 4. pawn, soak, hock, consign, charge
- usage: leave as a guarantee in return for money; "pawn your grandfather's gold watch"
- 5. soak, beat, beat up, work over
- usage: beat severely
- 6. intoxicate, soak, inebriate, affect
- usage: make drunk (with alcoholic drinks)
- 7. souse, soak, inebriate, hit it up, drink, booze, fuddle
- usage: become drunk or drink excessively
- 8. soak, imbue, impregnate, saturate
- usage: fill, soak, or imbue totally; "soak the bandage with disinfectant"
- 9. soak, heat, heat up
- usage: heat a metal prior to working it
- 1. soaking, sopping, dripping
- usage: extremely wet; "dripping wet"; "soaking wet"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.