- 1. snorkel, breathing device, breathing apparatus, breathing machine, ventilator
- usage: breathing device consisting of a bent tube fitting into a swimmer's mouth and extending above the surface; allows swimmer to breathe while face down in the water
- 2. snorkel, schnorkel, schnorchel, snorkel breather, breather, air passage, air duct, airway
- usage: air passage provided by a retractable device containing intake and exhaust pipes; permits a submarine to stay submerged for extended periods of time
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. snorkel, dive
- usage: dive with a snorkel
All rights reserved.
See also: snorkel (Dictionary)