- 1. sneer, leer, contempt, scorn
- usage: a facial expression of contempt or scorn; the upper lip curls
- 2. sneer, contempt, scorn
- usage: a contemptuous or scornful remark
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sneer, express, show, evince
- usage: express through a scornful smile; "she sneered her contempt"
- 2. sneer, smile
- usage: smile contemptuously; "she sneered at her little sister's efforts to play the song on the piano"
All rights reserved.
See also: sneer (Dictionary)