- 1. snarl, utterance, vocalization
- usage: a vicious angry growl
- 2. snarl, facial expression, facial gesture
- usage: an angry vicious expression
- 3. tangle, snarl, maze, perplexity
- usage: something jumbled or confused; "a tangle of government regulations"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. snap, snarl, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: utter in an angry, sharp, or abrupt tone; "The sales clerk snapped a reply at the angry customer"; "The guard snarled at us"
- 2. snarl, sound, go
- usage: make a snarling noise or move with a snarling noise; "Bullets snarled past us"
- 3. entangle, tangle, mat, snarl, twist, twine, distort
- usage: twist together or entwine into a confusing mass; "The child entangled the cord"
- 4. snarl, snarl up, embrangle, complicate, perplex
- usage: make more complicated or confused through entanglements
All rights reserved.
See also: snarl (Dictionary)