- 1. smoke, fume, aerosol
- usage: a cloud of fine particles suspended in a gas
- 2. smoke, smoking, vaporization, vaporisation, vapor, vapour, evaporation
- usage: a hot vapor containing fine particles of carbon being produced by combustion; "the fire produced a tower of black smoke that could be seen for miles"
- 3. smoke, indication, indicant
- usage: an indication of some hidden activity; "with all that smoke there must be a fire somewhere"
- 4. smoke, insubstantiality
- usage: something with no concrete substance; "his dreams all turned to smoke"; "it was just smoke and mirrors"
- 5. roll of tobacco, smoke, tobacco, baccy
- usage: tobacco leaves that have been made into a cylinder
- 6. pot, grass, green goddess, dope, weed, gage, sess, sens, smoke, skunk, locoweed, Mary Jane, cannabis, marijuana, marihuana, ganja
- usage: street names for marijuana
- 7. smoke, smoking, breathing, external respiration, respiration, ventilation
- usage: the act of smoking tobacco or other substances; "he went outside for a smoke"; "smoking stinks"
- 8. fastball, heater, smoke, hummer, bullet, pitch, delivery
- usage: (baseball) a pitch thrown with maximum velocity; "he swung late on the fastball"; "he showed batters nothing but smoke"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. smoke, consume, ingest, take in, take, have
- usage: inhale and exhale smoke from cigarettes, cigars, pipes; "We never smoked marijuana"; "Do you smoke?"
- 2. fume, smoke, emit, give out, give off
- usage: emit a cloud of fine particles; "The chimney was fuming"
All rights reserved.
See also: smoke (Dictionary)