- 1. smite, hit
- usage: inflict a heavy blow on, with the hand, a tool, or a weapon
- 2. smite, affect, impress, move, strike
- usage: affect suddenly with deep feeling; "He was smitten with love for this young girl"
- 3. afflict, smite, damage
- usage: cause physical pain or suffering in; "afflict with the plague"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. smitten, stricken, struck, affected (vs. unaffected)
- usage: (used in combination) affected by something overwhelming; "conscience-smitten"; "awe-struck"
- 2. enamored, infatuated, in love, potty, smitten, soft on(predicate), taken with(predicate), loving (vs. unloving)
- usage: marked by foolish or unreasoning fondness; "gaga over the rock group's new album"; "he was infatuated with her"
All rights reserved.
See also: smitten (Dictionary)