Synonyms of smirch
- 1. smudge, spot, blot, daub, smear, smirch, slur, blemish, defect, mar
- usage: a blemish made by dirt; "he had a smudge on his cheek"
- 2. blot, smear, smirch, spot, stain, mistake, error, fault
- usage: an act that brings discredit to the person who does it; "he made a huge blot on his copybook"
- 1. smirch, besmirch, smear
- usage: smear so as to make dirty or stained
- 2. defame, slander, smirch, asperse, denigrate, calumniate, smear, sully, besmirch, charge, accuse
- usage: charge falsely or with malicious intent; attack the good name and reputation of someone; "The journalists have defamed me!" "The article in the paper sullied my reputation"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of smirch (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.