Synonyms of smelling
- 1. smell, smelling, sensing, perception
- usage: the act of perceiving the odor of something
- 1. smell, perceive, comprehend
- usage: inhale the odor of; perceive by the olfactory sense
- 2. smell, cause to be perceived
- usage: emit an odor; "The soup smells good"
- 3. smell, smell
- usage: smell bad; "He rarely washes, and he smells"
- 4. smack, reek, smell, suggest, evoke, paint a picture
- usage: have an element suggestive (of something); "his speeches smacked of racism"; "this passage smells of plagiarism"
- 5. smell, smell out, sense, perceive
- usage: become aware of not through the senses but instinctively; "I sense his hostility"; "i smell trouble"; "smell out corruption"
- 1. redolent(predicate), smelling(predicate), odorous (vs. odorless)
- usage: (used with `of' or `with') noticeably odorous; "the hall was redolent of floor wax"; "air redolent with the fumes of beer and whiskey"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.