Synonyms of smear
- 1. smear, vilification, malignment, defamation, calumny, calumniation, obloquy, traducement, hatchet job
- usage: slanderous defamation
- 2. smear, cytologic smear, cytosmear, cytologic specimen
- usage: a thin tissue or blood sample spread on a glass slide and stained for cytologic examination and diagnosis under a microscope
- 3. smudge, spot, blot, daub, smear, smirch, slur, blemish, defect, mar
- usage: a blemish made by dirt; "he had a smudge on his cheek"
- 4. blot, smear, smirch, spot, stain, mistake, error, fault
- usage: an act that brings discredit to the person who does it; "he made a huge blot on his copybook"
- 1. smear, dirty, soil, begrime, grime, colly, bemire
- usage: stain by smearing or daubing with a dirty substance
- 2. smear, blur, smudge, smutch, rub
- usage: make a smudge on; soil by smudging
- 3. daub, smear, cover
- usage: cover (a surface) by smearing (a substance) over it; "smear the wall with paint"; "daub the ceiling with plaster"
- 4. defame, slander, smirch, asperse, denigrate, calumniate, smear, sully, besmirch, charge, accuse
- usage: charge falsely or with malicious intent; attack the good name and reputation of someone; "The journalists have defamed me!" "The article in the paper sullied my reputation"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of smear (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.