- 1. smack, smacking, slap, blow
- usage: the act of smacking something; a blow delivered with an open hand
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. smack, thwack, hit
- usage: deliver a hard blow to; "The teacher smacked the student who had misbehaved"
- 2. smack, reek, smell, suggest, evoke, paint a picture
- usage: have an element suggestive (of something); "his speeches smacked of racism"; "this passage smells of plagiarism"
- 3. smack, taste, taste, savor, savour
- usage: have a distinctive or characteristic taste; "This tastes of nutmeg"
- 4. smack, peck, snog, kiss, buss, osculate
- usage: kiss lightly
- 5. smack, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: press (the lips) together and open (the lips) noisily, as in eating
All rights reserved.
See also: smacking (Dictionary)