Synonyms of sluicing
- 1. sluice, sluice down, pour, pelt, stream, rain cats and dogs, rain buckets
- usage: pour as if from a sluice; "An aggressive tide sluiced across the barrier reef"
- 2. sluice, flush, drench, douse, dowse, soak, sop, souse
- usage: irrigate with water from a sluice; "sluice the earth"
- 3. sluice, transport
- usage: transport in or send down a sluice; "sluice logs"
- 4. sluice, draw, take out
- usage: draw through a sluice; "sluice water"
- 1. sluicing
- usage: pouring from or as if from a sluice; "the sluicing rain"
All rights reserved.