- 1. slop, slops, swill, pigswill, pigwash, feed, provender
- usage: wet feed (especially for pigs) consisting of mostly kitchen waste mixed with water or skimmed or sour milk
- 2. slop, mire, mud, clay
- usage: deep soft mud in water or slush; "they waded through the slop"
- 3. slop, waste, waste material, waste matter, waste product
- usage: (usually plural) waste water from a kitchen or bathroom or chamber pot that has to be emptied by hand; "she carried out the sink slops"
- 4. slop, food, solid food
- usage: (usually plural) weak or watery unappetizing food or drink; "he lived on the thin slops that food kitchens provided"
- 5. treacle, mush, slop, glop, sentimentalism
- usage: writing or music that is excessively sweet and sentimental
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. spill, slop, splatter, move, displace
- usage: cause or allow (a liquid substance) to run or flow from a container; "spill the milk"; "splatter water"
- 2. squelch, squish, splash, splosh, slosh, slop, slog, footslog, plod, trudge, pad, tramp
- usage: walk through mud or mire; "We had to splosh across the wet meadow"
- 3. slop, ladle, lade, laden
- usage: ladle clumsily; "slop the food onto the plate"
- 4. slop, swill, feed, give
- usage: feed pigs
All rights reserved.
See also: slop (Dictionary)