WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. plug away, peg away, slog, keep one's nose to the grindstone, keep one's shoulder to the wheel, work
- usage: work doggedly or persistently; "She keeps plugging away at her dissertation"
- 2. slog, footslog, plod, trudge, pad, tramp, walk
- usage: walk heavily and firmly, as when weary, or through mud; "Mules plodded in a circle around a grindstone"
- 3. slug, slog, swig, hit
- usage: strike heavily, especially with the fist or a bat; "He slugged me so hard that I passed out"
All rights reserved.
See also: slog (Dictionary)