- 1. splinter, sliver, bit, chip, flake, fleck, scrap
- usage: a small thin sharp bit or wood or glass or metal; "he got a splinter in his finger"; "it broke into slivers"
- 2. paring, sliver, shaving, fragment
- usage: a thin fragment or slice (especially of wood) that has been shaved from something
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sliver, splinter, divide, split, split up, separate, dissever, carve up
- usage: divide into slivers or splinters
- 2. splinter, sliver, break up, fragment, fragmentize, fragmentise
- usage: break up into splinters or slivers; "The wood splintered"
- 3. sliver, shape, form
- usage: form into slivers; "sliver wood"
All rights reserved.
See also: sliver (Dictionary)