Synonyms of sling
- 1. sling, highball
- usage: a highball with liquor and water with sugar and lemon or lime juice
- 2. slingshot, sling, catapult, plaything, toy
- usage: a plaything consisting of a Y-shaped stick with elastic between the arms; used to propel small stones
- 3. slingback, sling, shoe
- usage: a shoe that has a strap that wraps around the heel
- 4. sling, weapon, arm, weapon system
- usage: a simple weapon consisting of a looped strap in which a projectile is whirled and then released
- 5. sling, scarf bandage, triangular bandage, bandage, patch
- usage: bandage to support an injured forearm; consisting of a wide triangular piece of cloth hanging from around the neck
- 1. sling, catapult, hurl, hurtle, cast
- usage: hurl as if with a sling
- 2. sling, hang, hang up
- usage: hang loosely or freely; let swing
- 3. sling, move, displace
- usage: move with a sling; "sling the cargo onto the ship"
- 4. sling, hold, carry, bear
- usage: hold or carry in a sling; "he cannot button his shirt with his slinged arm"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of sling (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.