- 1. slice, piece, share, portion, part, percentage
- usage: a share of something; "a slice of the company's revenue"
- 2. piece, slice, helping, portion, serving
- usage: a serving that has been cut from a larger portion; "a piece of pie"; "a slice of bread"
- 3. cut, gash, slash, slice, wound, lesion
- usage: a wound made by cutting; "he put a bandage over the cut"
- 4. slice, fade, slicing, golf stroke, golf shot, swing
- usage: a golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer; "he took lessons to cure his slicing"
- 5. slice, part, piece
- usage: a thin flat piece cut off of some object
- 6. slice, spatula
- usage: a spatula for spreading paint or ink
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. slit, slice, cut
- usage: make a clean cut through; "slit her throat"
- 2. slice, hit
- usage: hit a ball and put a spin on it so that it travels in a different direction
- 3. slice, slice up, cut
- usage: cut into slices; "Slice the salami, please"
- 4. slice, strike, hit
- usage: hit a ball so that it causes a backspin
All rights reserved.
See also: slice (Dictionary)