- 1. sleeping, sleep, slumber
- usage: the state of being asleep
- 2. quiescence, quiescency, dormancy, sleeping, rest, ease, repose, relaxation
- usage: quiet and inactive restfulness
- 3. sleeping, bodily process, body process, bodily function, activity
- usage: the suspension of consciousness and decrease in metabolic rate
- 1. sleep, kip, slumber, log Z's, catch some Z's, rest
- usage: be asleep
- 2. sleep, accommodate, hold, admit
- usage: be able to accommodate for sleeping; "This tent sleeps six people"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dormant(postnominal), sleeping, unerect (vs. erect)
- usage: lying with head on paws as if sleeping
All rights reserved.
See also: sleeping (Dictionary)